January 20-22, 2017
San Diego Marriott Mission Valley
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for exciting details as they unfold.
Will 2017 Be Your Year to Break Through to Publication?
Whether you're a beginning writer or a published professional, the San Diego State University Writers' Conference is for you. Now in its 33rd year, this conference is designed to help every writer at every level. Learn how to improve your writing skills, develop your marketing awareness, and meet one-on-one with top editors and agents to facilitate the next step in your publishing career.
We are pleased to announce our award-winning, best-selling, and thrilling keynote speakers for the 33rd Annual conference.
R.L. Stine is one of the best-selling children's authors in history.
J.A. Jance is a top-10 New York Times best-selling author.
Jonathan Maberry is a best-selling author and five-time Bram Stoker Award-winner.
2017 Conference Highlights
- NEW! Official Conference Opening: Friday at 1 pm
- NEW! Friday Keynote Speaker: Jonathan Maberry
- NEW! Friday Dinner: Friday's traditional no-host mixer is now a hosted dinner.
- NEW! More Workshops: 40+ concurrent workshops by top publishing professionals
- Keynote Speakers on Saturday and Sunday: R.L. Stine and J.A. Jance
- Saturday Lunch & Cocktail Hour: More opportunity to network
- Meet 1:1 with Agents and Editors: Get direct feedback on your writing (Advance Reading) and pitches (Consultation).
- Sunday Morning Conference Choice Awards: Agents and editors each choose the most promising 1:1 project.
- NEW! Social Media Contests: Enter to win $50 off registration via Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. Details to come.
If you are interested in being considered as a speaker for a future SDSU Writers' Conference, please complete the speaker interest form. Questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.