Join our exceptional community of learners. Become a member today and take advantage of these great benefits:
- Free Lectures (in fall and spring semesters) and complimentary parking during your on-campus courses and events
- Special member pricing for Courses, Workshops, and Special Events
- Eligibility to register for Book Clubs, Special Events, and Edventures
- Early registration* benefits
- SDSU library privileges 7 am-6 pm (requires knowing your SDSU Red ID number, but an SDSUcard is not needed)
*Early registration is a benefit offered to those who were members during the immediately preceding term. This is your opportunity to register early just in case the classes you want fill up quickly. You will receive an approval code via email (or mail) which will allow you to register during the early registration period.
The Membership Fee is $20 Per Person, Per Term
Purchase Your OLLI at SDSU Membership Online
Prefer to register by phone, please call (619) 594-5152.
Questions about membership, please call (619) 594-2863.
Please remember that membership is not a tuition fee, and accordingly, cannot be prorated, refunded, transferred, or adjusted.
Sponsorships are available. A written letter of application is required. For those who would like to apply, please call (619) 594-2863, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
An SDSUcard is now available for a one-time fee of $18, as an additional option for members interested in the following:
- Special student pricing at area theaters, museums, cultural facilities, and public transportation (please contact participating organizations for rates and availability).
- Discounted monthly fee (affiliate rate) at the Aztec Recreation Center. Call (619) 594-7529 for more information.
- SDSU student tickets at campus athletic events. For details and availability, visit the San Diego State Ticket Office.
To purchase your SDSUcard for the first time, attend the Kickoff Event or New Member Orientation and Tour, or check in at the College of Extended Studies (CES) Registration/Cashiers windows (on the Hardy Avenue side of the Gateway Center building). Bring your driver’s license (or other official identification) with you. After fee payment, you will get your picture taken and obtain the card on campus at the SDSUcard Office in the Student Services West building room 2620. (See map for location details.) You will also receive a semester sticker to indicate that your SDSUcard is valid for the current OLLI semester.
In future semesters, you can renew your SDSUcard at no additional charge after registering for OLLI classes by obtaining an updated semester sticker at the CES Registration/Cashiers office.
What Our Members Are Saying
"Love the format: meet once a week for four to six weeks; no tests, just thought-provoking discussions."
"One of the greatest benefits of our Osher Institute is convenient access to the SDSU campus. Complimentary parking permits are included with my course registrations for the covered parking structure right next to our classrooms! My friends who take public transportation also love that the campus trolley and bus stops are located so close to our OLLI courses."
"The instructors were engaging, approachable and enthusiastic about their material."
"OLLI provides a wide variety of courses, intellectual stimulation, knowledgeable teachers who are passionate about their topics, and the opportunity to meet new people. What's not to love?"