Professional Certificate Programs
View All Professional Certificate Programs | Certificate Application Request
Certificate programs are a key educational offering from SDSU's College of Extended Studies. Thousands of people have benefited from completing an SDSU certificate program, and these programs continue to be one of the core competencies of the college. Expanding to meet the needs of the workforce, the college now offers many types of certificate programs including: professional certificates, open university certificates, technology-related certificates, and online certificates.
Certificates are recognized by most employers as a significant academic accomplishment, and can lead to new jobs as well as promotions for those who obtain them. They are also typically more relevant and focused for today's workforce than academic degrees and can be completed in a much shorter period of time.
How a certificate program can benefit you:
- Learn relevant skills for a new career
- Increase job knowledge to justify a promotion
- Network with other professionals
- Obtain professional or Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Stay current in your profession
- Prepare for qualifying career exams
- Obtain practical, cutting-edge knowledge
- Explore a new career field
- Customize certificates for your business needs
Frequently Asked Questions About Professional Certificate Programs