San Diego State University's Business of Craft Beer program is excited to launch its newest offering: Craft Beer Education Camp, designed exclusively for craft beer aficionados around the world. Now anyone can learn the Business of Craft Beer from industry experts in one of the finest destinations on earth, and the “U.S. Capital of Craft Beer” – San Diego, California.
All courses were developed with input from the instructors and advisory board members of the Professional Certificate program – a who's who of local craft-beer industry superstars – to ensure the most relevant training. Through hands-on learning and tasting, take your craft beer career to the next level.
Choose Your Camp or take Both:
Craft Beer Connoisseur Camp – July 24-August 1, 2016
Intensive preparation for industry exams such as Cicerone® and BJCP.
Brewery Startup Camp – August 2-11, 2016
Everything you need to know to launch a brewery.
- 9 Days: 8 Days of Intensive Instruction (55 hours) + 1 Free Day to Explore San Diego
- Courses at San Diego State University + Local Breweries
- Instructors are Craft-Beer Industry Experts (Same Instructors as Full Certificate Program)
- Welcome Reception at Stone Brewing Co. + 2 Sponsored Meals at Local Breweries
Lodging & Transportation
- Discounted Hotel Rate at Marriott Mission Valley: $189/night
- Shuttles to Off-Site Classes and Events
- Transit Passes to Get to Class and Explore San Diego
Craft Beer Connoisseur Camp Courses
- Exploring Craft Beer – 18 hours
- Beer Styles 1 – 18 hours
- Front of the House Management – 12 hours
- Craft Beer and Food Pairing – 7 hours
- Total Hours: 55
Brewery Startup Camp Courses
- Brewery Start-Up – 18 hours
- The Business of Distribution – 6 hours
- Marketing Craft Beer – 12 hours
- Front of the House Management – 15 hours
- Finance – 4 hours
- Total Hours: 55
Course Tuition: $1,500
Maximum of 40 students per session. Everyone welcome; must be 21 or older. For additional information, email email@example.com or call (619) 594-1138.