To install SQL Server 2005 and upgrade to SQL Server 2005 from previous versions
Professionals typically pursuing a career as a Database Administrator, Database Developer or Business Intelligence Developer; individuals who do not work with SQL Server as a part of their primary job but wish to show their breadth of technology experience, including developers and systems administrators among others
This is a high-level technical path and candidates for the exam, and hence learners should be expert in the following areas: Tools usage UI navigation Wizards usage Writing code in the appropriate language (Transact-SQL, CLR Language, other scripting languages, etc.) Code debugging or syntactic issue resolution Troubleshooting Accomplishing specific focused tasks through the use of code or UI navigation
Expected Duration (hours)
Installing SQL Server 2005
- recognize how SQL Server 2005 can help improve enterprise data management, developer productivity, and business intelligence.
- differentiate between the components and services provided by SQL Server 2005.
- distinguish between SQL Server 2005 management tools.
- identify the requirements and considerations for installing SQL Server 2005.
- configure a SQL Server 2005 installation in a given scenario.
- install SQL Server 2005.
- select the appropriate SQL Server 2005 upgrade path for a given scenario.
- perform the steps to upgrade to SQL Server 2005.
- upgrade to SQL Server 2005.