If you want to build a boat, you need to know what is required. You need to check and make sure you have what you require in order to do the job properly. Instructions on how to build an airplane won't help you build your boat, but knowing that you need a welding torch will. When working on any project, you also need as much information as possible about anything that may influence it. This might include how much money you have to work with, how long before the project needs to be completed, and who can work on the project. This course provides an overview of requirements analysis activities as prescribed in A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK® Guide) – Version 2.0 by the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA®). Specifically, this course covers the purpose and techniques for defining assumptions and constraints. This course also provides a description and techniques for verifying and validating requirements for a given initiative or project, such as checklists and prototyping. This course provides a foundational knowledge base of business analysis information so learners can effectively put principles to work at their own organizations. This course will assist in preparing the learner for the IIBA®'s Certified Business Analysis Professional™ (CBAP®) certification exam. IIBA®, the IIBA® logo, BABOK® and Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® are registered trademarks owned by International Institute of Business Analysis.
All levels of employees wishing to develop and refine their business analysis skills or intending to write IIBA®'s Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP®) certification exam.
Expected Duration (hours)
Business Analysis: Verify and Validate Requirements
- recognize the elements of defining assumptions and constraints
- recognize how risk analysis can be used to define assumptions and constraints
- define assumptions and techniques in a given scenario
- recognize the elements to verify requirements
- identify the techniques that can be used to verify requirements
- recognize the elements to validate requirements
- identify the techniques to validate requirements
- choose a method to verify and validate requirements in a given scenario
- to recommend how to verify and validate requirements